Why would you want to upgrade from Master Builder Estimating Basic to Standard
or Extended? Well, that would depends on your estimating needs
There are a lot of valuable features in what is now called Estimating Basic. But, as your business grows or as your needs change and you need to consider a solution that better fits your requirements. Consider the following features and how they might improve your business.
1. Robust professionally designed databases.
2. Pricing Options for the most demanding situations
- Integration with Services like Means and Tra-Ser
- Crew Pricing where labor rates are changed in one spot
- Evaluate Pricing from Subs and Suppliers and easily choose for the jobs
- Add Overhead, Profit, Insurance, etc for the entire job and "spread" to items with a mouse click
- Choose the way these are spread
3. Ability to analyze your estimate in several ways using User Defined Work Breakdown Structures
- By location in the project like building or floor
Or by any combination of these. The number is practically unlimited so the tool can be configured any way you wish!
4. Database Items with built-in specs and measurements that help calculate quantities, cost, labor hours and cost, etc. in one part vs. several in Basic.
5. Groups of Items with all specs and measurements grouped into "smart" assemblies that can perform a lot more work than Basic assemblies with formulas that give the ability to do quite a bit more than Basic formulas
6. Groups of Items and Assemblies called Models so that you can program a comprehensive interview sheet that even a jr. estimator can complete to put out a quick conceptual bid
in about a quarter of the time!
7. Simultaneous work by two or more estimators on the same project.
8. Bid Management with an interface to Outlook to help you keep deadlines.
9. Lots of audit functions that allow you to pinpoint mistakes and omissions.
10. Side by side comparison of estimate at most any level of detail. This is great for you design- build folk or those who do negotiated work. You can see the changes quickly as the spec or scope changes before the contract is finalized.
11. Integration with OnScreen Takeoff that you have to see to appreciate. In this age of digitized plans this powerful system allows you to see at several levels exactly what was and was not taken off.
12. All the integration you currently have to Master Builder. You are still able to “push” budgets, proposals, change orders, purchase orders, and subcontracts.